ONLINE Classical Drawing & Painting Lessons
Online tuition is a more affordable and flexible way to learn. You can work from home anywhere in the world, while still benefiting from individual feedback on your progress.
Monthly subscription is $125. Scroll down to learn more.
• We set up an initial 20 min. FREE Skype/Phone Consultation to chat about the lessons, the approach, your studio set-up and materials. We also talk about your needs and future artistic goals. There’s no obligation to sign up.
• I send you a FREE Materials Guide, so you can make sure you have the right supplies to get started.
What’s in it for you?
• Weekly in-depth visual Evaluation of your work-in-progress with notations/corrections.
• How-to Demonstrations as Videos as you need them in your progress.
• Monthly One-on-One Live Skype Consultations of 30 min. (optional)
• Step-by-step instructions as PDFs as you need them in your progress.
• You can email or call me with questions anytime, I’ll get back to you usually within 24 h.
What you Need:
• A place to work, materials.
• Access to Skype. It’s easy and free to sign up. (optional)
• Small camera like an iPhone to email me images of your work in progress.
• A DVD Player so you can watch the Instructional Videos.
What we’ll be covering in the lessons:
Observational Drawing, measuring
Underpainting in monochrome (grisaille)
Glazes and Details
Studio tips… and much more!
What’s the difference between Online and In-person tutoring?
It’s more affordable…
As it is, one single in-person 90 min. lesson at my brick and mortar studio costs $90, whereas the monthly subscription for online tuition is $125. This includes information-packed instructional videos of the whole process, line by line and brushstroke by brushstroke, of both Observational Drawing, Underpainting, Color Layers and Glazes. You get an in-depth, detailed visual and written Evaluation PDF emailed to you of your work-in-progress every week, 1 individual 30 min. Skype consultation per month plus Step-by-Steps, and much more.
Your progress and hours are more flexible…
You can work at your own pace, and more often than if you have to make it to my studio for lessons. If you for example have been doing a lot of drawing, then that part of the process can perhaps be a bit faster and you can move on to painting. If you have more time one week, you’ll be ready for the next phase sooner. You can expect to be able to finish a drawing and painting in 2-3 months, depending on how much time you spend.
Working in the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the world…
As long as you have a dedicated space to set up your easel, even if it’s a corner of your living room, or bedroom as I once did (!), you’re good to go.
What is the difference between in-person demonstrations versus videos?
Receiving your individual, detailed Evaluation of your work-in-progress every week combined with the Video Instructions will give you a very good idea of which action to take. The face-to-face Skype consultation each month will enable us to have real conversations about your work. The in-depth video instructional demonstrations have the benefit that you can watch them over again if you forgot something I told you.You literally get to 'look over my shoulder' as I paint a painting from beginning to end.
How much is the Subscription Fee?
$125 monthly, paid on the date you start via Paypal or check. My Paypal handle is my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does 'subscription based fee' actually mean?
I’ve set up this method of payment and engagement to make it more affordable for students, and easier to manage. The monthly fee is non-refundable. If it happens that you miss out on one week of Evaluation, it’s still a lot cheaper than in-person tuition. You can choose to stop for a month, and resume the subscription the next month.
In the rare instance I am unavailable for giving you the Evaluation, you will get a refund for that week. That means, if I am sick or otherwise unavailable for one weeks tuition, you would be refunded a quarter of the monthly $120 fee: $30, or you can deduct that amount from the next months fee.
How do I get started?
You can email me images of your work if you have any. No worries if you don't. Beginners as well as advanced are welcome. Just contact me for setting up a time for your first Skype/Phone consultation. It is FREE of charge, and there’s no pressure to start subscribing.